• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Biggest Flying Animal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest Flying Animal

World's Largest Flying Animal Discovered Friday September 9, 01:27 PM Scientists have discovered the largest animal ever to have taken to the skies.Twice as big as a jet fighter and as elegant as a swan, the pterosaur had a wing span of 59ft - twice the size of the new Typhoon Eurofighter.The giant lizard, a cousin of the dinosaurs, dominated the skies about 220 million years ago.

It had been known that large pterosaurs with wingspans of about 38ft were relatively common.

But scientists are now beginning to realise that larger lizards with huge wingspans were resident across the world.

The revelation follows discoveries of footprints and fossilised bones in Israel, Jordan, Brazil and Romania.

It may have been bigger than a jet fighter, but it was also just as sophisticated in its design.

It flew thanks to a very, very thin membrane of skin and super lightweight bones.

Scientists added that courtship would be carried out "with gusto".

================================================== =
    Imagine if that took a sh1t on your car!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

how could it - it lived 220 million years ago !

I don't know.....

Some people !

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
      [...]
      But scientists are now beginning to realise that larger lizards with huge wingspans were resident across the world.
      [...]
      Zeitghost! Do you have a wingspan complex? In that case you may try to think that it's how you use it that it counts!
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

"how could it - it lived 220 million years ago"

I've seen the Flintstones and there were cars around back in them days. Strangely everbody spoke with an American accent way before the US was discovered by the spanish chappie who couldn't read a map
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Imagine if that took a sh1t on your car!
          Never mind that, I wouldn't fancy shifting the bugger if it perched on the TV aerial.

Maybe that's what happened to Rod Hull....
          Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

I've seen the Flintstones and there were cars around back in them days. Strangely everbody spoke with an American accent way before the US was discovered by the spanish chappie who couldn't read a map
            Amerigo Vespucci was italian.

Unless you refer to Cristoforo Colombo who came first (but not even really the first) whose origin are still being discussed (whether he was spanish/portuguese or italian - that son of a sailor).
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Often wondered about Emus, are they birds that evolved to become flightless or are birds emus that evolved to fly?
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                Often wondered about Emus, are they birds that evolved to become flightless or are birds emus that evolved to fly?
                Perhaps they were just lazy birds. Met quite a few of them as a younger man...
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  We could ask Rod Hull. Oh wait....
                  Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Put there by Satan to deceive people into believing the world is more than 6000 years old, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X