• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank bosses innocent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank bosses innocent

I'm not surprised at all, and when I think how villified by the BBC they were because they purely had liquidity problems, I am still outraged.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7669061.stm

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    I'm not surprised at all
    Lack of imagination, I expect.

Comment

It says 'insufficient grounds' so I guess that means they have accepted they were just plain stupid and incompetent for giving out 125% mortgages at the height of a huge property bubble.

Comment

They should be penalized for stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
          They should be penalized for stupidity
          I think they have been - do any of them still have a job?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

.... but wasn't is stupidity of GB to allow this scenario to happen without intervention? He knew what was going on for all of those years but a debt explosion suited his tax and spending policies.

He is as guilty as the bankers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              I'm not surprised at all, and when I think how villified by the BBC they were because they purely had liquidity problems, I am still outraged.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7669061.stm
              For a Cyberman, you are quite a dainty little buttercup, aren't you?

Comment

And why did they have liquidity problems? If they had adhered to the Basel accords we wouldn't be in this mess.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

This is kind of akin to fat people blaming their genes for shoving to many pies in their chops, or paedophiles blaming it on their abusers as kids.

They got themselves into this mess, they gotta take some responsibility - ffs you can't always blame the government, just cause it happens to be labour. There was a very right of conservative government in the US and the same thing happened there.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    This is kind of akin to fat people blaming their genes for shoving to many pies in their chops, or paedophiles blaming it on their abusers as kids.

They got themselves into this mess, they gotta take some responsibility - ffs you can't always blame the government, just cause it happens to be labour. There was a very right of conservative government in the US and the same thing happened there.
                    Do piedophiles blame blame having had pies shoved down their jeans?

Comment

Working...
                    X