• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

why shaking hands is probably not a good idea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why shaking hands is probably not a good idea

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7667499.stm
    Last edited by bernie; 15 October 2008, 04:45.

Toilets are the worst. You can wash your hands all you like, but if the person before you hasn't and uses the door handle ....

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
      Toilets are the worst. You can wash your hands all you like, but if the person before you hasn't and uses the door handle ....
      I sometimes see people take a tissue and use it to open the doors. Probably a good idea......

Comment

I sometimes see people take a tissue and use it to open the doors. Probably a good idea......

....and then go and touch their keyboard/desk and re-infect the hands

Comment

When I went to Egypt with my ex it was odd that I became very ill while she did not (its usually the other way round). We then realized that I was touching the money

Comment

is that all you were touching?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              When I went to Egypt with my ex it was odd that I became very ill while she did not (its usually the other way round). We then realized that I was touching the money
              Anti bacterial gel before you touch anything in Egypt. Dirty sods...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Anti bacterial gel before you touch anything in Egypt. Dirty sods...
                I noticed a few doing that early in the tour and I thought "why are they bothering?". Then I got KingTut's revenge and I thought "I wish I had done that!".....

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
                  So true - especially on the basis of regularly hearing a flush in the cubicle followed by the occupant heading straight out of the toilet door...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Exactly what i do, with the tap too, all to often people walk out without washing their hands, or there are the others that think a quick splash of water and no soap is cleaning their hands.....some people are just nasty
                    Last edited by LEX200; 15 October 2008, 07:58.

Comment

Working...
                    X