• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So I was listening to a man on Radio 4 today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I was listening to a man on Radio 4 today

He was from the UK Shareholders Alliance I think. He said he was representing "unsophisticated investors," and his organisation was preparing to take the government to court for nationalising Bradford & Bingley causing its shareholders to lose their money.

He seemed oblivious to the fact that B&B was on the brink of meltdown when it was nationalised and the financial implications this would have had for his "unsophisticated investors."

My first thought was that if you're that f**king unsophisticated that you've been entirely ignorant of what's been going on for the last year in the banking sector then you're a numpty for holding shares in the first place. Maybe you should have bought premium bonds instead...
    ǝןqqıʍ

Some folk will do and say anything, no matter how dim it makes them look, in order to get their 2 minutes on air.

Comment

90% of the people interviewed for telly and radio are representing some sort of vested interest and generally talking utter bollards.

Did you not know this

Comment

Being a shareholder comes with responsibilities. B&B shareholders should have thought of this eight years ago.

Comment

I lost my B&B shares.

Luckily I got them free when they demutualised.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
            90% of the people interviewed for telly and radio are representing some sort of vested interest and generally talking utter bollards.

Did you not know this
            BBC Radio 4's Today Programme
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
            X