• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House price thread poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House price thread poll

Vote now.
    Not much further to fall. Near the bottom now and then pick up next year. Boomed!
    17.86%
    Are staring into the abys. Huge falls yet to come. No comeback for many years. Boomed!
    57.14%
    AndyW knows best.
    25.00%

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Vote now.
    How?
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

abyss, but that's what I'm going for.

Comment

Once unemployment kicks in reposessions will rise. Banks will be left with properties they want to get rid of quickly, the run of the mill properties will be auctioned off, driving prices down.

Just like in the mid 90's....

Comment

Originally posted by minsky1 View Post
          Once unemployment kicks in reposessions will rise. Banks will be left with properties they want to get rid of quickly, the run of the mill properties will be auctioned off, driving prices down.

Pretty much my conclusion too.

An awful lot of people mortgaged to the max before the current turmoil so will not be able to service their debts in the longer term, I won't be at all surprised to see the US toxic debt problem replicated here with bankruptcies and reposessions in sizable numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by minsky1 View Post

And the former owners will become council tenants, so councils will have to look for a lot of new rental properties.....

Comment

It is hard to tell until the repossesions start to properly come in over 2009.....

Comment

House prices will be on the way up again within a year. Cash rich investors are already snapping up bargains and the banks have been told to lend by HMG. Interest rates are on their way down, inflation is on the way down, and this is a good thing.

Boom, boom and boom after 2010 !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  House prices will be on the way up again within a year. Cash rich investors are already snapping up bargains and the banks have been told to lend by HMG. Interest rates are on their way down, inflation is on the way down, and this is a good thing.

Boom, boom and boom after 2010 !!!
                  So far no sign of many 100% mortgages though. Alot of first-timers will struggle to save the £15+k needed for a 10% deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    So far no sign of many 100% mortgages though. Alot of first-timers will struggle to save the £15+k needed for a 10% deposit.

True, but anybody buying my house will not be a first-time buyer, but somebody that probably has equity in their own house.
                    I have bought two houses in my life, and even for my first one I had a 20% deposit.... on my second I had 30% equity. Personally, I think it is sensible that people always put some of their own money or equity into a purchase to show commitment, and to stabilise the market.

Comment

Working...
                    X