• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear - Guess who are losing their jobs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear - Guess who are losing their jobs?

No not the greedy bankers, the public sector workers (aka Labour voters):

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4945283.ece

The cutbacks planned for the Ministry of Justice offer the first sign of the impact that the credit crunch and rising inflation will have on public services. The department was planning savings; however, the extent of predicted cuts – forced in part by increased pressure on prisons and global financial turbulence - is being revised.

The Department for Work and Pensions, which has been given a budget cut of 5.6 per cent over three years in real terms, has announced 12,000 more job losses on top of 30,000 posts that were originally due to disappear. Revenue & Customs has announced 12,000 job cuts on top of the 17,500 lost so far, while the Home Office and the Communities Department are also expected to produce drastic plans to reduce staff and cut spending.

Interest rates being slashed whilst inflation rages, double Oh Dear.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Revenue & Customs has announced 12,000 job cuts on top of the 17,500 lost so far,
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
      Don't be so quick to celebrate, all those redundancy payouts are going to cost a mint...
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

It is not as if they will be voting for anyone else. They could vote SWP, I suppose.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          Don't be so quick to celebrate, all those redundancy payouts are going to cost a mint...
          Who's paying?

Comment

Who's paying?
            You and me I think
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

You and me I think
              Oh, crap.

Comment

Who's paying?
                You and me I think

But not meeeeeeeeeee.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Revenue & Customs has announced 12,000 job cuts on top of the 17,500 lost so far
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                    To free up budgets to hire another 5000 IR35 compliance officers.

Comment

Working...
                    X