• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever been caught?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever been caught?

Just wondered if anyone here had ever been warned by client Internet monitoring group that their time on CUK was excessive??

I frikkin' love badgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      I frikkin' love badgers.
      Stroke me...... I'm furry

Comment

Actually, I nearly got caught for using an HTTP tunnel through a US proxy to get out and browse personal stuff in an old job. By pure chance the call from the US came through and happened to land on my queue to investigate ... needless to say I would have to wait until the offender repeated the offence before I could narrow it down
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

One and only post of the day

I was - it was at the time when I was permie and no real work for me, and also the topic was "Columbian Hostages", so as you can imagine my contribution to the thread did not get unnoticed - had a few mild words from the boss who was sitting next to me

Comment

Not since I got myself a Mobile Broadband account with 3
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Unlimited ? How much ? Any good ?

Comment

Well I'm using a combination of laptop and iphone access. Keyboard on the PC is just faster...

Comment

I was once asked to monitor internet use at a previous employer, to check whether people were using the company PCs to visit ‘unsuitable’ websites. Among the usual long list of news, job sites, car dealers, hotmail and so on I noticed some urls which pointed to sites demonstrating some very unconventional extra-curricular activities with dogs and horses, and traced the user id back to the CFO. I then suggested to him tactfully that he might advise his fellow directors to pursue other priorities and never heard anything about it again.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    Me too - writing this on my E71 as can't be bothered booting laptop.

Comment

Working...
                    X