• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The time is ripe...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The time is ripe...

for a massive terrorist attack. If the threat is so extreme as the USA and UK govts say, and tell us we need more and more big brother style governance.
    Isnt now the time for the Islamic extremists to strike?
    The western markets are finally balanced on the edge of a precipice (some would argue finely balanced on a precipice at the bottom of another precipice we have already fallen down.. but does that mean we are in one precipice and therefore falling into another precipice is impossible and actually just falling into the same precipice a bit further... anyway I digress.. where was I?) so any attack now, a major attack would send the western markets into even more of a tailspin. (I love mixing metphors.. tailspinning as we slide down a precipice(s).. actually what do you call a groud of precipices... a pod of precipices?))
    But strangely (touch wood) nothing has happened, the time is ready... just a little bomb will do... but nothing.... nada .. zilch.

(If there is a major attack in the next little period, dont blame me!)

I am now confused by my own post... I think its about tailspins, terrorists and precipices.

Originally posted by tay View Post
    I think
    Maybe you should not be doing that. Oh wait...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I thought you'd done your One and only post of the day?
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I don't know, they seem to think that the only thing that will get McCain into the White House is another attack, so surely all these mad mullahs will be sat patting their mat hoping that nothing happens until after then?

Unless you believe in conspiracy theories of course.
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          You advise people not to think? Well I guess it is the only way you will ever sell SKA.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
            stuff
            Originally posted by AtW
            other stuff
            What a wonderful combination.
            Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

*Hello GCHQ*
              Bored.

Comment

What with the latest announcement regarding the Big Brother Communication Database, it seems likely that "something" will happen in the next week or so, to add impetus and underline the Government's plans.

It's the usual story...

Field full of sheep.

Tell the them the Wolf is coming, and they all look at you and say "Baa."

Tell them they need extra high security fencing with 10,000 volts to protect them from the Wolf attacks and they all say "Baa".

The following day, the Wolf comes and eats some of them, leaving mutilated corpses all over the place.

Tell them they need extra high security fencing with 10,000 volts to protect them from any more Wolf attacks and they all say "OK".

The question is : Was the Wolf for real, and who was it working for ?
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

You mean the markets have fallen onto a ledge near the top of this?

(hint: zoom in to the picture)
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
                    What a wonderful combination.
                    No I dont want any Pizza.. go away.

Comment

Working...
                    X