• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where is all this bailout money coming from - discuss?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is all this bailout money coming from - discuss?

Yes, we've been told its coming from the taxpayer.
    But where are these trillions of dollars/pounds/euros coming from immediately. The taxpayer hasnt suddenly received a higher bill.
    The govt. doesnt have this sort of money in reserves.
    They cant borrow as no-one has the money.
    Issue bonds maybe? Against what? Buckingham palace
    So I guess they must be printing money

Dilution of currencies and hyper-inflation coming to this country very soon

Now where did I put my gold bullion.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

The banks money is just a number in a database in the bank.

So all that's happened is:

UPDATE account
    SET balance = balance + 1000000000000

Simple. Bank now has loads of money again and we didn't give a penny of our money to them.

Boomed!

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
      Under the Christmas tree?
      Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

But where are these trillions of dollars/pounds/euros coming from immediately. The taxpayer hasnt suddenly received a higher bill.
        The govt. doesnt have this sort of money in reserves.
        They cant borrow as no-one has the money.
        Issue bonds maybe? Against what? Buckingham palace

It is not coming from the taxpayer, and anyone who told you that is misleading you.

In effect, IOUs are being issued, with the taxpayer as guarantor. It's a leveraged buyout. Especially sweet for Lloyds TSB, since the TSB was sold by the Thatcher government despite the fact that they didn't own it.

Edit: actually DP put it concisely above

Comment

Yes.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

DimPrawn, this is one of the best and concise explanations about how gov bailouts are done.
            Simple things are always hard to understand...

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            The banks money is just a number in a database in the bank.

So all that's happened is:

UPDATE account
            SET balance = balance + 1000000000000

Simple. Bank now has loads of money again and we didn't give a penny of our money to them.

Boomed!

HTH
            The rest is silence...

Comment

But where are these trillions of dollars/pounds/euros coming from immediately.

Yes see my previous posts. It was also confirmed by an economist on R4.
              Printing money is the only way out however, the government doesn't have tp print the whole amount. Only enough to pay cash to those who want it. The rest can be figures on paper.

It is the government that causes inflation not consumers.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                It is not coming from the taxpayer, and anyone who told you that is misleading you.

In effect, IOUs are being issued, with the taxpayer as guarantor. It's a leveraged buyout. Especially sweet for Lloyds TSB, since the TSB was sold by the Thatcher government despite the fact that they didn't own it.

Edit: actually DP put it concisely above

Somebody else understands that all that was tulip re the Rock and each taxpayer being owed 1300 quid was just media propaganda ................. at last !!

Comment

Yes but it's the taxpayer that guarantees the money. It's like the Gov saying: "if this does not work, we have the money coming from the taxpayer as a guarantee" - in the same way you go to the bank to get a loan on the basis that you have some rental income for ex.

So if the Gov f(*& up you will pay.

HTH

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  Somebody else understands that all that was tulip re the Rock and each taxpayer being owed 1300 quid was just media propaganda ................. at last !!
                  The rest is silence...

Comment

thanks all! confirms what I previously thought.

We're Fu$%£d!!!
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X