• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crises rocks the Globe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crises rocks the Globe

Pop star Madonna and her film director husband Guy Ritchie are to divorce, Madonna's UK spokeswoman, Moira Bellas, confirmed to CNN.

Guy Ritchie and Madonna arrive at the world premiere afterparty of his movie RocknRolla in September.

more photos » A statement e-mailed to The Associated Press from Madonna spokeswoman Liz Rosenberg says the couple has agreed to divorce, and asks the media to respect their privacy.

The statement, co-signed by Ritchie's representative, says the couple had not agreed to a settlement.

The Sun newspaper -- a British tabloid -- first reported Wednesday that the couple would announce the split imminently.

Ritchie, 40, and Madonna married seven years ago at a lavish ceremony in Scotland, but rumors have been circulating in the press recently that their relationship was increasingly under strain.

Earlier this year, the singer denied being involved romantically with New York Yankees baseball player Alex Rodriguez. Rodriguez was eventually divorced from his wife.

The last time the couple was seen together in public was in September, when Madonna took a break from touring to celebrate her husband's birthday at a London pub.

I'm sure there must be a 'news' item that people care less about on this forum than this one, but right now its difficult to imagine what that could be

Comment

Don't knock it, Alf is right. If you all started reading The Sun and not this doom and gloom in the rest of the papers you would all be much happier.

The Femail Today on The Mail website is absolutely brill too, apparently, Kate Moss has a big ugly lump on her wrist, Ronnie Wood has a new girlfriend and Posh is trying a new style. It is fascinating stuff, much better than politics.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Who gets the african kid collection?

Comment

Crises rocks the Globe

i

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Don't knock it, Alf is right. If you all started reading The Sun and not this doom and gloom in the rest of the papers you would all be much happier.

The Femail Today on The Mail website is absolutely brill too, apparently, Kate Moss has a big ugly lump on her wrist, Ronnie Wood has a new girlfriend and Posh is trying a new style. It is fascinating stuff, much better than politics.
            Actually i think the last few weeks has been fantastic - *real* news for a change instead of drivel about Katie being upset with Tom or Posh and Becks impending breakup etc etc

i don't find it all doom and gloom, on the contrary its all been rather exciting. Its not every year you get to see the world teeter on the edge of global meltdown...

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole View Post
              Who gets the african kid collection?
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Aye Xoggoth

Quite right - thanks for the links and I'm really enjoying The Femail Today website - much better than reading drivel about Future Swap Derivatives or the latest nuclear capablities of North Korea, Iran etc

Fancy Ronnie still pulling at his age - eh ?

Posh's new style - I do like - altough I do worry about Kates lump on her wrist must be a real drag for the poor girl -shes been through so much recently - altough on the plus side she seems to be well off the propane these days.

Did anybody watch last nights telly - Gordon Brown and the Spannish Prime Minister - Senior thingy - droning on and on about this Credit Crunch stuff (and silly me - I thought the Credit Crunch was a breakfast cereral !!!) ... when they made their joint announcement at an EU gathering - BOTH of them wearing light blue shirts AND purple ties ???!!!!!

Must have been such an embarrasment - I would say that Gordons not so well turned out as Tony was ?

Wasnt that a great goal from Gerrard last night ? Youve got to fancy England's chances for the World Cup now.
                Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 16 October 2008, 10:30.

Comment

Working...
                X