• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Train Overcrowded? Not any more !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Train Overcrowded? Not any more !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...efinition.html

Genius !

Does this mean we are officially a third world country now?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Nearly, but we still don't count the roof as seating area. I give it another year.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Not until they classify the roof and sides as passenger accomodation sorry.

Considering how the rest of Europe is able to make fast, clean, cheap, comfortable and reliable rail services work it's a scandal how awful and grossly expensive ours are.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          Not until they classify the roof and sides as passenger accomodation sorry.

Indeed. We're nowhere near overcrowded until there are bankers sitting on the roof and bag ladies bringing on poultry (at Harlow Town and Cheshunt).

Comment

Alas sitting on the roof is not practical in the UK. Our bridges aren't high enough. Maybe we should skip 3rd and go straight to fourth?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              Considering how the rest of Europe is able to make fast, clean, cheap, comfortable and reliable rail services work it's a scandal how awful and grossly expensive ours are.
              But they've had rail for a lot longer than you have. Oh, hang on...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMRXQeB400w

SFW
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

After watching that clip, there's a brilliant joke, but I won't, the PC will be on me in a flash.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
                    After watching that clip, there's a brilliant joke, but I won't, the PC will be on me in a flash.
                    Geddit
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X