• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question of conscience

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question of conscience

Let’s say you’ve been out of a contract for several months. You’re living off savings, but they’re running low, or you’d just like to keep them for your retirement.

Then an agent phones offering a contract on the government project to build the big new national database of e-mails, phone calls and internet visits.

Would you do it?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

No, next.
    The rest is silence...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Would you do it?
      Yes, we need a mole. You can delete all our stuff.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

yes - install MS Access and get on with it.
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
          yes - install MS Access and get on with it.
          Like it's gonna be *that* good...
          B00med!

Comment

You see I wouldn’t work on this project given my current circumstances. I hope that I won’t end up in a position that I would have to reconsider, but I’ve got a mortgage and bills to pay just like the next man, and if the market really did go tulip I certainly hope I’d be principled enough to say no.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Yes - with a few choice lines of code added to make it impossible to monitor my own deviant activities.

Comment

No - but it's not really an issue for me as they aren't building it using Peopletulipe.

Actually, thinking about the terry ossers who are selling this tulipe to the government, maybe they are.

Comment

If we have to have the damned thing made then I'd want the work done by someone competent.

So that's me out then.

Comment

I would accept it. I am an IT whore and just as whores get to know Judges, School Teachers and Policemen for similar reasons I took on one contract with a city council parking enforcement department. I also leant how reliant they are on the department for raising revenue.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X