• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just time for a Daily Mail article before I go

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just time for a Daily Mail article before I go

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...i-artists.html

I like the message, but considering how much tax money goes into exhibitions of more traditional art £3000 is nothing, if you consider graffiti to be art.
    Even if you don't, and it does reduce the amount of money spent on cleaning up paint elsewhere, then it's exactly the same principle as a skate park.

edit: Or was all this obvious and I'm supposed to be laughing at the conservative fuddy-duddy bias?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

This was in the Telegraph - why not use a link from there?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I like the message, but considering how much tax money goes into exhibitions of more traditional art £3000 is nothing, if you consider graffiti to be art.
        Even if you don't, and it does reduce the amount of money spent on cleaning up paint elsewhere, then it's exactly the same principle as a skate park.

edit: Or was all this obvious and I'm supposed to be laughing at the conservative fuddy-duddy bias?
        It's a f--king piss take and the idiots who sanctioned it should be hung, etc.

Interestingly, the irate tax payer can't be done for doing it, as it's graffiti!
        Last edited by Bob Dalek; 16 October 2008, 18:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
          It's a f--king piss take and the idiots who sanctioned it should be hung, etc.
          Why? I consider graffiti a valid form of artistic expression, some stuff is really good (although most isn't).

All this fuss over £3,000... having a meeting to discuss it probably cost way more than that.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
          X