• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kaupthing announces plans to sue Treasury over asset raid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaupthing announces plans to sue Treasury over asset raid

Looks like I could be waiting a while for my £

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/art...sset-raid.html

Well it seems they have just cause, their UK opertion wasn't in trouble when GB gave it to ING.

On a plus note Kaupthing Edge savers have started to get their savings back.

PS good look with the ICESAVE claim!
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

F--k them and their ice cube of a country. Any more yapping from 'em and we should gently, but firmly, detonate a smallish nuke a few miles off their northern shores. They'd see reason then.

(I have not thought through all of the permutations and their outcomes, and concede that Russia could well incinerate us, but eggs & omelettes, say I.)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
        F--k them and their ice cube of a country. Any more yapping from 'em and we should gently, but firmly, detonate a smallish nuke a few miles off their northern shores. They'd see reason then.

(I have not thought through all of the permutations and their outcomes, and concede that Russia could well incinerate us, but eggs & omelettes, say I.)
        Do we really have to go as far as nuking em? I reckon sending over my brother and a few of his team from 1para could sort em out quite smartish.

Not that I would wish my brother on anyone.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post

by the time that happens there will be a large Russian military prescence to send you packing
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            by the time that happens there will be a large Russian military prescence to send you packing
            Of course they are only there to help the people. The oil is of no importance to them.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Do we really have to go as far as nuking em? I reckon sending over my brother and a few of his team from 1para could sort em out quite smartish.

Not that I would wish my brother on anyone.....
              Just send AtW , he will teach them a few economic lessons
              and Wilmslow who will bore them to death if they refuse to pay

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                Just send AtW , he will teach them a few economic lessons
                and Wilmslow who will bore them to death if they refuse to pay
                I think Atw has already offered them advice - and they took it...

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  presence

HTH
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                  X