• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suzy Sinclair and Katrina

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzy Sinclair and Katrina

<rant on>

I really don't believe it.

Suzy Sinclair has put up a factual and moving account of her and her husband's experiences in New Orleans during and after hurricane Katrina, on the news board, and you lot are prattling on about house prices, football, civil liberties, petrol and there's probably cricket in there somewhere as well.

For God's sake can't you all stop looking selfishly and lovingly at your own backside for once and consider the bigger picture?

Suzy, I personally salute you and your husband and and hope you are all, dogs, cats etc included, safe and well. I feel for you. You've been through a horrendous time that none of us here in Blighty could possibly even begin to comprehend.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and everyone else that has been affected by this dreadful natural disaster.

</rant off>

Originally posted by I-Dont-Believe-It
    <rant on>

Suzy Sinclair has put up a factual and moving account of her and her husband's experiences in New Orleans during and after hurricane Katrina, on the news board, and you lot are prattling on about house prices, football, civil liberties, petrol and there's probably cricket in there somewhere as well.

For God's sake can't you all stop looking selfishly and lovingly at your own backside for once and consider the bigger picture?

Suzy, I personally salute you and your husband and and hope you are all, dogs, cats etc included, safe and well. I feel for you. You've been through a horrendous time that none of us here in Blighty could possibly even begin to comprehend.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and everyone else that has been affected by this dreadful natural disaster.

</rant off>

Well, which one are you? Suzy or her husband?

Btw, how can you mention "Prayers" and "Natural Disaster" in the same sentence?

Comment

Gordon Bennet. Another one that thinks it is desirable or even remotely practical for all of us to spend our entire time feeling with the rest of the world's tragedies. Sorry sunshine, that's the way nature (very sensibly) made us.

There are a minority who really do seem to be imbued with a good deal of human empathy that lasts beyond tha latest starving child pictures on news at ten. There is a much smaller and admirable minority who actually try and do something concrete about the problems of others.

Unfortunately, for the great majority of the "concerned" such stories are just that, interesting news stories to read while eating the cornflakes. The motives of many are worse than that, they are on a par with the ghouls that cause jams by slowing down to gawp at traffic accidents.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I sympathise, IDBI.

I once complained on here that they had run out of champaigne-flavoured condoms in the machine at a pub in Milton Keynes, but did anyone give a sh1t? No, they were too busy debating the existence of dog.

Comment

What a nauseating example of sanctimonious sentimental holier-than-thou clap-trap.

"The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are"
          [Luke, ch 8, v 11]
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

My thoughts exactly owl but much more succinctly put. I got up in a pompus mood this morning.
            bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Too right Owl.

Did I tell you about the lack of champagne-flavoured condoms in Milton Keynes?

Comment

Funny you should mention that. At my niece's last wedding (about her twelth I think, her various children made good bridesmaids and pageboys not to mention half the congregation) I swear we had spunk flavoured champagne. Not that I would know what it tastes like of course.
                bloggoth

Comment

So you don't feel strongly enough about it to actually do anything constructive to help? Sounds like another bit holier-than-thou tosspot to me.

Comment

I kept wondering who the hell she is to be declared a "IT champion" because i have never heard of her before, had to google hubbys name to find out he was some lawyer who's main area was IT contracts, hardly an "IT champion"

As to the article it's self, sorry to say but it's just as common as the other few hundred thousand that could be easyly as told, hell most of it is 3rd party storys (and not even that factual based, like 20k death when everyone else is now admiting the 10k was probably grossly overestimated) and opinions as she got out before the crap hit the fan.

Sure it's not nice that they lost their home and they have some sympathy , but as he is a lawyer i would say was well insured and will know how to the get the insurance co's to pay up speedly and can weather the costs till then.

I will save the majority of my concern for those who really need it, those who have lost loved ones or everything they have in life with little to no chance of replaceing it

Comment

Working...
                    X