• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

bit drastic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bit drastic

Young fella paralysed from the chest down after a rugby injury ends life in swiss euthanasia clinic...

I find it shocking his parents took him there.

linky
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Young fella paralysed from the chest down after a rugby injury ends life in swiss euthanasia clinic...

linky
    Why?

Comment

linky
      I agree - I am not against Euthanasia in extreme cases - i.e. terminally ill, very old and in alot of pain. He does not seem to fall under ANY of those. 20 years time there might be a cure - who knows?

Though I do think Euthanasia should be practiced on the clientco users.....

Comment

It's all down to QOL, he enjoyed an active life, had a bright future, then all he had was a future of adult nappies and spoon feeding.

The lesson here is don't play Buggery or whatever it's called
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
          Why?
          Why? Because although it's tragic he is paralysed from the chest down (i.e. he still has use of his arms), it will not result in a deteriation in his quality of life to the point of death being a viable alternative, that's why!!

Contrast it to the guys and girls returning from afghanistan and iraq minus limbs (in some cases, all their limbs).

Comment

Why? Because although it's tragic he is paralysed from the chest down (i.e. he still has use of his arms), it will not result in a deteriation in his quality of life to the point of death being a viable alternative, that's why!!

Contrast it to the guys and girls returning from afghanistan and iraq minus limbs (in some cases, all their limbs).
            Erm, it’s not just your limbs that don’t work if you’re paralysed. You’ll never walk, never control your own bowel movements, never be able to hold in your own urine and never be able to have sex like before. Add to that, he’s lost his ability to play his sport; that’s something which is central to the identity and personality of a lot of sportpeople and extremely difficult to deal with.

I wouldn’t want to judge on him or his parents; he wanted to die and his parents saw him suffering. I can’t blame him or his parents. Poor people. Imagine having to make these decisions for your own family.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Why shouldn't anybody (injured or not) be allowed to end their own life?

Just how bad would QOL have to be for you to decide you were better off dead?
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

To be fair we don't know what his actual physical state with associated suffering was. It's quite possible that he was a bit more than just paralysed and in constant pain with no prognosis of recovery.
                I very much doubt that you can just show up at the clinic in Switzerland with a note saying "please help me to off myself", they're bound to have psycologists (sp?) councellors and therapy experts who do their jobs prior to handing the patient over to the kill squad.

Personally I strongly support assisted suicide having seen someone close suffer a very long and painful end with absolutely no hope, thank the deity of your choice for the Macmillan Nurses.

Comment

He seems to have thought differently.

Comment

well, i think it's a bit drastic you heartless gits!!

Comment

Working...
                    X