• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats your mortgage on your main property (ie counting BTL/investements)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decidedly plebian poll coming up.
    Mortgage free
    36.73%
    0-50K
    10.20%
    51-100K
    10.20%
    101-150K
    14.29%
    151-200K
    12.24%
    201-250K
    2.04%
    251-300K
    6.12%
    Over 300K
    4.08%
    Over 400K
    0.00%
    Over 500K
    2.04%
    Greater than 500K
    2.04%
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Meds worn off, I see.

Comment

Sorry that should read "NOT counting BTL"
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post

Liquid lunch you see
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Where's the 'renting and paying off credit cards' option?
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Liquid lunch you see
              Watching Jeremy Kyle, flipping through your final demands and sniffing lighter fuel.

Comment

Only about 200k euros. Luckily we didn’t fall for the trap of buying a huge house on our combined income, but a small house with a small mortgage based on my girlfriend’s nursing income.

I don’t mean to be smug about this, because only last year we really considered buying a place nearby for about 700k euros, fantastic house, modern architecture, very stylish, swimming pool and the lot, but then I woke up in the middle of the night sweating and said ‘what if the contracting market goes belly up?’ Thank heavens we didn’t go ahead and buy that.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Only about 200k euros. Luckily we didn’t fall for the trap of buying a huge house on our combined income, but a small house with a small mortgage based on my girlfriend’s nursing income.

I don’t mean to be smug about this, because only last year we really considered buying a place nearby for about 700k euros, fantastic house, modern architecture, very stylish, swimming pool and the lot, but then I woke up in the middle of the night sweating and said ‘what if the contracting market goes belly up?’ Thank heavens we didn’t go ahead and buy that.
                  I made exactly the same decision recently, went for a cheap and cheerful.
                  Had to buy as was under serious pressure from my wife, had been putting her off for 2 years but it was starting to become too big an issue
                  Mortgage is so small though that at current earning levels it could be paid off in full when the 3 year tie in period ends.
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Luckily I went for a septic tank, which I pay for by licking the streets of London clean every day for 4 pence a year.

Comment

Working...
                    X