• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No more 25 gbp hotels.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more 25 gbp hotels.

Yesterday while I was enjoying myself in my value but very disgusting 25 gbp hotel room ... ( Indian entrepreneur converted his house into a hotel and kept sub-sub-sub-prime standard to provide accommodation to miserable people ) ... my attention was grabbed by the tremble of the roach sitting on my bed and sniffing around obviously after my mcdonalds burger.. After unsuccessful attempt to kill the bugger I moved to travelodge....

No more 25 rooms for me , nor anything that has not got recent standard...

Do the wheels on your house go round and round?

COAB - £25? What were you expecting?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

You have to spend significantly more than £25 to avoid the hovels these days.

Comment

The point might be the HMRC limit for expenses....

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
          Yesterday while I was enjoying myself in my value but very disgusting 25 gbp hotel room ... ( Indian entrepreneur converted his house into a hotel and kept sub-sub-sub-prime standard to provide accommodation to miserable people ) ... my attention was grabbed by the tremble of the roach sitting on my bed and sniffing around obviously after my mcdonalds burger.. After unsuccessful attempt to kill the bugger I moved to travelodge....

Check your clothes for lice.

Comment

if you book more than 1 month in advance, you may find your travel lodge of choice has rooms available for £19.... subscribe to the mailing list and they'll tell you when the offers are on. Either last week or the week before they released hundreds of rooms at the £19 rate. They get booked up very quickly, as you'd expect, so you need to be on the mailing.

Just had a look on the site - its 1,000s not 100's theyve released.
            Last edited by minsky1; 20 October 2008, 15:07.

Comment

I spent £18/night for a guest house in Blackpool in the summer, also run by an Indian. Looked like a bit of New Dehli transported to England, with the cheap plastic bedside cabinet, wonky 100-year old wardrobe, green-with-mould wallpaper, and dusty torn carpets. Something out of a horror movie. It came with free breakfast - which I wisely declined.

Comment

Originally posted by 2uk View Post

Mate, your post just sounds grotty. It sounds like it could be a lyric from a song by The Smiths or something.

Which is no bad thing in itself, tho'.

Comment

Yeah, TravelLodge can be had for very cheap, with a bit of luck. They're the only bargain hotel/motel I've stayed in, unless you count Premier Travel Inn... which I don't as they are closer to £60.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Yeah, TravelLodge can be had for very cheap, with a bit of luck. They're the only bargain hotel/motel I've stayed in, unless you count Premier Travel Inn... which I don't as they are closer to £60.
                    Travelodge is about 50 these days , and they are always almost full .. I am at a 55 room plus 5 for parking ....

That said , I don't think there is anything better out there

Comment

Working...
                    X