• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Official thread for the biggest historical mistakes of Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official thread for the biggest historical mistakes of Britain

After having some unbiased objectives thoughts I think the biggest mistake Britain made was to resist the French.

Just think of the advantages - the language would sound great even when talking about mundane things, cheap wine, cheese, industry would have stayed in tact and I think WW1 and WW2 simply would not have happened.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    After having some unbiased objectives thoughts I think the biggest mistake Britain made was to resist the French.

Just think of the advantages - the language would sound great even when talking about mundane things, cheap wine, cheese, industry would have stayed in tact and I think WW1 and WW2 simply would not have happened.
    and we'd all be speaking German.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      and we'd all be speaking German.
      Not at all - if Britain became part of France centuries before Germany started those big wars, then I'd think it would be Germany who'd speak French language. The only war that would have happened is that with Soviet Union.

Comment

Was our biggest mistake to let atw into the country?

Sorry atw - only joshing!

Comment

giving our empire away

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
            giving our empire away
            How such we have kept it. Repressed the natives?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Was our biggest mistake to let atw into the country?
              Sorry atw - only joshing!
              History has not yet appreciated this fact

Comment

History has not yet appreciated this fact
                Is not the appreciation of cuk enough?

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
                  giving our empire away
                  This follows from not being part of a Greater French Empire. I think immediately after USA won the UK should have joined France, change languages, a century would have been enough and then outsourcing anything elsewhere would have been much harder - try learning French, English much easier. Granted Japanese is even harder and it did not save them from losing their empire - that's because they should have joined China centuries ago

Comment

This follows from not being part of a Greater French Empire. I think immediately after USA won the UK should have joined France, change languages, a century would have been enough and then outsourcing anything elsewhere would have been much harder - try learning French, English much easier. Granted Japanese is even harder and it did not save them from losing their empire - that's because they should have joined China centuries ago
                    Fook me you talk some bollux.

Comment

Working...
                    X