• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

mortgage abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mortgage abroad

hi folks,
    I'm looking at buying a property in Turkey. I am just trying to find out about getting a mortgage abroad but early indications seem to show that I may have a problem being a contractor? is this true? I've only been working through my limited company for three months now - prior to that I was using doing the mary poppins umbrella thing for about 6 months.... an urgh!! permanently employed before that for a couple of years....
    so... anybody got any timps on this?
    cheers
    Baronne

not exactly an ideal time to be looking to get a mortgage.

a year ago the lenders would only have wanted to check your dogs pulse to hand over huge wads of cash but now you will need undergo a proper financial healthcheck. there is probably a list of contractor friendly lenders somewhere on this website. i would look but i already have a mortgage.

Comment

I know it's not the ideal time for a mortgage, but in a way it's a good time to buy property. I should be able to raise a fairly chunky deposit....

Comment

Can I ask, with the credit bubble burst and property in freefall (yes don't believe the estate agents in Turkey) and unemployment mushrooming and IT contracts vanishing and holidaymakers staying at home and airlines folding and flights being cut and costs rising, why now do you want to buy a place in Turkey?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Can I ask, with the credit bubble burst and property in freefall (yes don't believe the estate agents in Turkey) and unemployment mushrooming and IT contracts vanishing and holidaymakers staying at home and airlines folding and flights being cut and costs rising, why now do you want to buy a place in Turkey?

Because his real name is AtW?

Comment

so I can get out of this soggy, cold, self-perpetuating misery of a country that's digging itself into a depression - and spend some time in the warmth of the Mediterranean

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

... you didn't mention the growing instability in Turkey and the terrorist threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                ... you didn't mention the growing instability in Turkey and the terrorist threat.

..and there's not a terrorist threat anywhere in the world??

Comment

check this out...
                  http://www.turkishdailynews.com.tr/a...enewsid=117464

Comment

Yeah its not like theres millions of empty properties along the spanish coastline that are going for a song right now...

Turkey? Its not as glamorous as Jason Bourne makes its out to be...

Comment

Working...
                    X