• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long??

Generally, how long do before the end of your current contract do you start trying to secure your next contract and sending out CV's??

Poll to follow, If I can make it work..
    1 Day before current contract expires
    0.00%
    1 week before current contract expires
    4.76%
    2 weeks before current contract expires
    19.05%
    3 weeks before current contract expires
    4.76%
    1 month before current contract expires
    52.38%
    The AndyW option
    19.05%

10 days and 3.652 hours does it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
      Generally, how long do before the end of your current contract do you start trying to secure your next contract and sending out CV's??
      2 weeks if I don't want a break in between.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

None of the above.

I secure my next contract many weeks/months AFTER the current one has ended (unless a previous client has called me and secured my services before hand).

I don't find contracts they find me.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          None of the above.

I secure my next contract many weeks/months AFTER the current one has ended (unless a previous client has called me and secured my services before hand).

Well until I reach your dizzy hights I guess I'll have to keep looking...

Comment

None of the above.

Comment

None of the above.

me too.
              these breaks are my holidays, anyway, looking for work is a full time jobbie.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

None of the above.

i generally take a week off before starting to look (there's always things that need doing around the house etc.) then it usually takes 2-3weeks to secure the contract and get it re-worded etc. and thats usually a week before actually beginning the contract, so i'd say 5 weeks between contracts..

given the current climate though i'm actively looking 2 weeks before current contract end date
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

If I didn't secure a contract after 20 yrs, I'd probably run out of cash.

Comment

It's trying to find that ballence between applying for contracts too early, in which case you get forgotten about or too late which means you end up on the bench.

I'm thinking 2-4 weeks before current contract expires is a reasonable amount of time.

Any agents with a veiw????

Comment

Working...
                    X