• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mac fans nightmare has come true

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac fans nightmare has come true

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/20/macosx_on_a_pc/
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Nightmare, is the word: have you seen the Linux-like farting about required? End result for most will be a f--ked PC!

Comment

Tried this months ago and it works very well.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

why not just get Vista?
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          why not just get Vista?
          Because, IMO, OS-X is better. I'm not going to argue why - it's a personal choice.

It's also my personal choice to buy Apple hardware to run it on, I just prefer it - much the same as I would buy an Alienware pc if I ever wanted a PC again...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Can it be run under VMware?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Can it be run under VMware?
              I'm sure VMWare will come out with a version to support it.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                I'm sure VMWare will come out with a version to support it.
                Only if they want Apple's attack lawyers all over them.

IIRC the OS X EULA forbids it being run on non-Apple harware - whether under a VM or not.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                  Only if they want Apple's attack lawyers all over them.

IIRC the OS X EULA forbids it being run on non-Apple harware - whether under a VM or not.
                  that is a bit stingy isn't it.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                    that is a bit stingy isn't it.
                    Don't see why. The one point that nobody ever seems to get in the Windows v. Mac "debate" (aka slanging match) is that Microsoft and Apple aren't actually equivalent companies.

Microsoft are a software company. Apple are a manufacturer of computer systems. Microsoft develop an operating system as their core product, and invest time and money in making it run on commodity hardware of widely varying specifications. Apple develop an operating system specifically optimised to run on their comparatively small, but precisely specified, range of hardware.

If Apple choose to licence their OS on the basis that it may only be used on their hardware, it's not being stingy - it's a reflection of their business model.

Comment

Working...
                    X