• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It takes all kinds, but some kinds I don't like.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It takes all kinds, but some kinds I don't like.

Was in the supermarket at the weekend, and came across a couple of snooty types and an ordinary person.

First I approached the butcher's counter, where a woman was standing in front of it with a trolley. The assistant came to serve her but she waved him away. So I peered around her trolley, while she didn't think of budging an inch to let me see. Along came a man, similarly dressed in jodhpurs, and started discussing with Annabel (for so she was called) what they might buy. While monopolising the space and keeping everybody else out unnecessarily.

Just along from that was the bread counter. I squinted for what I was looking for, and a woman with a more working-class accent said Can You See Alright There Love? and immediately shifted right out of my way. What a difference in attitude to others.

Vote anything but conservative.

I find a sharp "Excuse me!" followed by a look of utter disgust and contempt does the trick
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Cue "I was slumming it in the local chav supermarket" post in 5...4...
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I find a sharp "Excuse me!" followed by a look of utter disgust and contempt does the trick
        Agreed, also bump into their trolley and shout "ouch" with a pained look on your face.... makes them shift too!
        Last edited by cailin maith; 21 October 2008, 09:36.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          Was in the supermarket at the weekend, and came across a couple of snooty types and an ordinary person.

First I approached the butcher's counter, where a woman was standing in front of it with a trolley. The assistant came to serve her but she waved him away. So I peered around her trolley, while she didn't think of budging an inch to let me see. Along came a man, similarly dressed in jodhpurs, and started discussing with Annabel (for so she was called) what they might buy. While monopolising the space and keeping everybody else out unnecessarily.

Just along from that was the bread counter. I squinted for what I was looking for, and a woman with a more working-class accent said Can You See Alright There Love? and immediately shifted right out of my way. What a difference in attitude to others.

Vote anything but conservative.

So someone posh got in your way and that's why you won't vote Conservative?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            So someone posh got in your way and that's why you won't vote Conservative?
            Not just someone: because that's the kind of people the Tory party is for.

PS the "chav supermarket" was Waitrose.

Comment

Didn't you have a trolley you could use to ram them with?
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Nothing like a sweeping generalisation to weaken an argument eh?
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

PS the "chav supermarket" was Waitrose.
                  I bet they drive a shiny £60K 4x4 and laugh at little people like you too.

Comment

Was in the supermarket at the weekend, and came across a couple of snooty types and an ordinary person. etc.
                    "Please move out of the way." might have worked. Worth a try, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X