• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheap Houses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Houses

hmm saw a programme about cheap houses in Germany, not East-Germany by the way.

I was rather astounded that houses were for sale as little as EUR 10,000 in villages around Munich so I did a search for houses less than EUR 30,000 in Hessen, a small county surrounding Frankfurt and found 3 pages of houses for sale. The cheapest was EUR 5000, though needed a bit of work.

Cheap houses in Germany

They reckon it'll get cheaper as well
    I'm alright Jack

Quick! Buy them all up, BTL style and become a property millionaire!

That's how UK plc used to run its economy.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

I was rather astounded that houses were for sale as little as EUR 10,000 in villages around Munich so I did a search for houses less than EUR 30,000 in Hessen, a small county surrounding Frankfurt and found 3 pages of houses for sale. The cheapest was EUR 5000, though needed a bit of work.

Cheap houses in Germany

Well while you are at it can you post links to cheap houses in nice areas in France please

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Cheap houses in Germany

Google French property prices. Central France seems to have stopped putting up prices in 1920.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Quick! Buy them all up, BTL style and become a property millionaire!

That's how UK plc used to run its economy.
          Have you checked your mansion prices this week ?

I just noticed quite a few sizeable reductions in my neck of the woods post the recent economic panics. Also the rare higher end Under Offers have come back onto the market.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post

I just noticed quite a few sizeable reductions in my neck of the woods post the recent economic panics. Also the rare higher end Under Offers have come back onto the market.
            Mansions: too costly. Council Tax, labour costs, Grade 1 or 2 issues. That's my excuse, anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post

Not noticed much happening in terms of price drops. Seeing more property Under Offer now too. I guess the tax-payers money thrown at banks is filtering down to bonuses again.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Not noticed much happening in terms of price drops. Seeing more property Under Offer now too. I guess the tax-payers money thrown at banks is filtering down to bonuses again.
                Must be !

A neighbour had sold his pad ( on at 800K ) to retire overseas but the buyer pulled out last week a day before completion, he didn't look happy.

Comment

There must be a catch somewhere. One of those places was a big Saxon style farmhouse. If there isn’t a catch then I can move there, pay cash for my house, stick my savings in the bank and live very nicely by just working a couple of evenings a week in the local pub. Ah; that might be the catch; lots of inbred skinheads in the local.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    There must be a catch somewhere. One of those places was a big Saxon style farmhouse. If there isn’t a catch then I can move there, pay cash for my house, stick my savings in the bank and live very nicely by just working a couple of evenings a week in the local pub. Ah; that might be the catch; lots of inbred skinheads in the local.
                    The hinterlands near Cambridge are particularly bad for that sort of thing. Friends moved to a "delightful" village about 7 miles outside Cambridge 2 years ago: beaten up, graffiti on the house, smashed-up bus shelters, etc. And now can't afford to move. Oh Dear (TM).

Comment

Working...
                    X