• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Message to CyberCretin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message to CyberCretin

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008...gages-property

There were further signs today that the recent interest rate cut will not lead to cheaper mortgages as the UK's biggest building society announced it was raising rates on its loans for the second time in just over a week.

Nationwide building society said it would be adding between 0.24% and 0.6% to the cost of its tracker deals, which have an interest rate pegged to the Bank of England's base rate.

A previous round of price rises last Tuesday added 0.3% to the cost of these loans. When the new changes come into effect tomorrow a three-year tracker-deal for a borrower with at least a 40% deposit will cost 6.18%. Last Monday the same deal cost 5.64%.

Borrowers with the smallest deposits will see the biggest price rises, with the society increasing the tracker margin on large loans by up to 0.6%.

On the society's lifetime tracker deal, borrowers with less than 25% to put down will pay a margin 2.03% above the base rate - an increase from the current margin of 1.43%.

On the three-year deal the margin will be increased from 1.49% to 2.08% for borrowers with deposits between 10% and 15%.

The two rounds of increases are enough to more than offset the 0.5% fall in the Bank of England base rate, which Nationwide will pass on to borrowers from November 1.

Keep dreaming.

They’re bankers; they’ve got to parasitize somebody to get their bonuses in now that their credit-default-derivative-option-swap-pyramid-scheme market’s collapsed.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Why would Cybercretin be interested? He has no mortgage, and his properties are worth five times what he paid for them, based on what an estate agent told him once.

I do wish you'd pay attention - haven't you realized what an economics genius we have in our midst?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Why would Cybercretin be interested? He has no mortgage, and his properties are worth five times what he paid for them, based on what an estate agent told him once.

I do wish you'd pay attention - haven't you realized what an economics genius we have in our midst?
        He does have a mortgage according to one of his recent smug posts about his rate dropping, apparently he's got positive equity to a factor of 5 over his mortgage.

Of course he's a genius, he's a Tory and they're infallible.

Comment

As in the telegraph on MOnday - interest rates needs to hit 2% or less. Prefrably by Christmas - definetly by Easter.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            As in the telegraph on MOnday - interest rates needs to hit 2% or less. Prefrably by Christmas - definetly by Easter.
            Oh, where do I start....

should do it.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
            X