• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank Accounts Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Accounts Problem

I wonder if anyone here can advice....i just got a contract (long term) and need to open a new personal account and business account. i cant find a bank to open the personal account because i do not have a passport or driving licence, let alone open a biz account. I have other forms of id like my present employer photo id(local authority), ni card , bills etc

someone please help!
    Who Moved The Cheese ??!!

If only we had a national identity card scheme.......

Comment

Sorry, but you must be a drug-baron, terrorist or IT contractor. The money laundering regulations were designed specifically for you.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by olud
        I wonder if anyone here can advice....i just got a contract (long term) and need to open a new personal account and business account. i cant find a bank to open the personal account because i do not have a passport or driving licence, let alone open a biz account. I have other forms of id like my present employer photo id(local authority), ni card , bills etc

someone please help!
        Why do you need a new personal account? What's wrong with your present one?
        Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
        You know you'll need us!

Comment

Have you asked your bank what they will accept in lieu of a passport or driving licence? This is not uncommon.

If that fails, get a passport (assuming you are entitled to one).

Comment

Based on my memory of opening a company account recently, I think they will also take a birth certificate. I think it has to be the original or a copy certified by a solicitor. I think the documents they are allowed to take are prescribed by law and nothing else will do. (If you were using passport or driving licence I think you also have to send them the original or a copy certified by a solicitor.)

Comment

I could open you an account at a small bank called the Bank Of English. Our rates are not great - effing extortionate actually, but I, er we! do not require all the checks which the big boys need. Simply send me your funds and then ask when you need cash and I'll arrange for it to be sent to you.

Honest!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Ask the banks what they would accept as proof of ID, it will probably susprise you what they will and even more so will not accept as proof of id

Comment

Working...
                X