• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Name

I want to change my name but i dont want to setup a new account, i dont want to start from zero posts again!!!

Is it possible?

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
    I want to change my name but i dont want to setup a new account, i dont want to start from zero posts again!!!

Is it possible?
    You have to email admin and ask very very nicely and give good reasons. Even then they might say no.

This did change my name - but made clear it was very much an exception.

Best of luck
    BP

Comment

Dont tell me you want to change from NetwkSupport to DesktopSupport?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Haha i came across CUK on a search and joined to ask a quick specific question so didnt put much thought into the name, now 2 years on im still posting here!!

Comment

names ARE important

Haha i came across CUK on a search and joined to ask a quick specific question so didnt put much thought into the name, now 2 years on im still posting here!!
          ‘Hm, but you are a hasty folk, I see,’ said Treebeard. ‘I am honoured by your confidence; but you should not be too free all at once. There are Ents and Ents, you know; or there are Ents and there are things that look like Ents but ain’t, as you might say. I’ll call you Merry and Pippin, if you please – nice names. For I am not going to tell you my name, not yet at any rate…For one thing it would take a long while: my name is growing all the time, and I’ve lived a very long, long time; so my name is like a story. Real names tell you the story of the things they belong to in my language…’
          (JRR Tolkien, The Two Towers)

Names are important. Names say something about who we are, and who we want to be. Names can define us and thus, names can limit us. As the passage above shows, this is why giving someone your innermost name is an act of immense trust and significance. This is why Treebeard was careful to keep his right name to himself

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            (JRR Tolkien, The Two Towers)
            Which authors you quote also defines you
            Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

For 240 posts - take the hit.

Some one here make that many posts in a day. When you're on the bench you'll make that back in no time.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Unemployed
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Is it possible?
                  what do you want to change it to?

Comment

Are you one of the ting tings?

They call me 'hell'
                    They call me 'Stacey'
                    They call me 'her'
                    They call me 'Jane'
                    That's not my name
                    That's not my name
                    That's not my name
                    That's not my name

They call me 'quiet girl'
                    But I'm a riot
                    Maybe 'Joleisa'
                    Always the same
                    That's not my name
                    That's not my name
                    That's not my name
                    That's not my name
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
                    X