• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting Doom blog - CynicusEconomicus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Doom blog - CynicusEconomicus

Distilled Doomery for those at a loose end:
    http://cynicuseconomicus.blogspot.com/

What do our armchair economists make of it all?

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
    Distilled Doomery for those at a loose end:
    http://cynicuseconomicus.blogspot.com/

What do our armchair economists make of it all?
    Sounds about right to me. Essentially we can't go on borrowing (as personal or government level) forever. Printing money will be the only way out!

My favourite part "I have not spoken very much about the social and political consequences of what will happen, as this blog is focused on economics. However, at this stage, it is worthwhile discussing this briefly, as there will be a feedback into the economic situation. If I am right that the lending into the West must end, and the result of this end to lending is as I have predicted, then we will all be in for a roller-coaster ride. The shock to the Western world will be dramatic and painful. In these circumstances, it is an ideal environment for demagoguery. It is the moment of the populists and the rabble rousers."

So a few posters here will do well.....

Comment

This guy has got most of his analysis spot on. I've been saying the same for ages. The UK has got no long term economic future without painful structural reform which no party has the balls to undertake.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
      X