• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are agencies....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are agencies....

a) dumb
    b) taking this piss
    c) a bit of both?

Just got my new contract through the post today from a well known agency, and asteriked on the bottom is the line:

The returning of this agreement is a legal requirement to protect both parties from insurance liabilities and the Opt Out is a requirement under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003
    the Opt Out is a requirement under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003?? I must have read another version of the act to them.

Hell, I'm not even a lawyer but by simply reading up on the act I know this is a load of crap, it's scary to think that these big PLCs have huge teams of lawyers and still come out with this rubbish.

If it wasn't for the fact that I was going to sign it anyway I would have returned the letter with a polite note telling them to swivel on it.

Although just for the crack I might let them know they're a lying bunch of **** anway....
    Dumb
    2.33%
    Taking the p*ss
    11.63%
    A bit of both?
    86.05%

Don't s'pose it's Elan is it?!
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
      a) dumb
      b) taking this piss
      c) a bit of both?

Just got my new contract through the post today from a well known agency, and asteriked on the bottom is the line:

the Opt Out is a requirement under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003?? I must have read another version of the act to them.

Hell, I'm not even a lawyer but by simply reading up on the act I know this is a load of crap, it's scary to think that these big PLCs have huge teams of lawyers and still come out with this rubbish.

If it wasn't for the fact that I was going to sign it anyway I would have returned the letter with a polite note telling them to swivel on it.

Although just for the crack I might let them know they're a lying bunch of **** anway....
      This is twisted English as an accurate representation of twisted thinking:

"The Opt Out is a requirement from us because of what the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 would imply for us if you didn't sign it"

Simple, see!

Comment

Add a poll with multiple choice(under thread tools). Don't forget andyw.....

Comment

Poll added!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            Don't s'pose it's Elan is it?!
            No, as a hint they used to sponsor Sheffield Wednesday FC....

Comment

I take it the AtW option and the Dumb option are identical?
              Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

What Choppa Chops is an agency

Comment

Why can't you just name them? They're not going to sue you are they? Not unless they're dumb, or taking the piss, or maybe a bit of both.

Oh wait...
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

one agency really pi$$ed me off this week - didn't tell me they hadn't put forward my cv til after the close date - if they had told me I could have been submitted by another agency.

said agency was Amtec - barstewards....madmad
                    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
                    X