• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Also in the Telegraph

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also in the Telegraph

More about the Chinese cocklepickers who died in Morecombe bay. The case against the gangmasters is proceeding.

Apparently their poor families are having a really hard time in China, being pursued for repayment of the money they raised to pay the Snakehead gangs who smuggled their sons into the UK. They are wanting compensation for all this suffering from the British government. Said the father of one "I feel the British government has a responsibility - they should watch the ports more closely"

So let me get this straight, these people knowingly paid huge sums to violent gangs to commit criminal acts and now it's our government's fault. Or rather it's your fault and mine, since we as taxpayers foot the bill.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth
    More about the Chinese cocklepickers who died in Morecombe bay. The case against the gangmasters is proceeding.

Apparently their poor families are having a really hard time in China, being pursued for repayment of the money they raised to pay the Snakehead gangs who smuggled their sons into the UK. They are wanting compensation for all this suffering from the British government. Said the father of one "I feel the British government has a responsibility - they should watch the ports more closely"

So let me get this straight, these people knowingly paid huge sums to violent gangs to commit criminal acts and now it's our government's fault. Or rather it's your fault and mine, since we as taxpayers foot the bill.
    It's only fair...
    Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
    You know you'll need us!

Comment

No I think they have a point.

The only way to stop this happening to foreigners in the future is to not let any in AT ALL!
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
      X