• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SKA News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SKA News

Rocksteady star Alton Ellis dies at 70

Alton Ellis, known as "the Godfather of rocksteady", died October 10 at the age of 70. The Jamaican-born singer, who moved to Britain in the 1970s, achieved fame with a number of hits, including "Girl I’ve Got a Date," "I'm Still in Love" and "I'm Just a Guy." He was a leading pioneer of the rocksteady sound, which came out of Jamaica in the 1960s. Ellis was still performing until August this year, when he collapsed after a concert in central London. The prolific singer, who began his career in the 1950s and fronted vocal group The Flames, was diagnosed with cancer in 2007. Ellis underwent chemotherapy before returning to the stage, but died in London's Hammersmith hospital on Friday night. He leaves more than 20 children.
    20 kids!

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    He leaves more than 20 children
    Sort of suggests something has been left unsaid...

Comment

Working...
    X