• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh those Consumer Action Group Wags!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh those Consumer Action Group Wags!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...php?f=88&a=140

Perhaps, airing your laundry in public isnt such a good idea hey?

As you sow, so shall you reap.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

"We have just learned that Martin Lewis will offer some help to try and sort things out without the need for court action"

They are sunk already!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...php?f=88&a=140

Perhaps, airing your laundry in public isnt such a good idea hey?

As you sow, so shall you reap.
      I'm confused....

they are being sued by their admin assistant?
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        I'm confused....

they are being sued by their admin assistant?
        As I read it, they are being sued by their ex admin assistant, who wants an apology published for certain things they said about her. They refuse to apologise, believing that what they said is true. Therefore the lawsuit will proceed and will seek damages and costs.

It seems to have 2 parts:
        1. they alleged that she had
        a) hacked or otherwise modified chat room software to gain access, and
        b) revealed the identity of a whistleblower therein.
        2. they accused her of "stealing" 416.00.

Her reply was that:
        a) as admin she already had access, therefore did nothing wrong to gain it, and
        b) did not know the identity of the whistleblower and did (therefore) not reveal it.
        2. she had received this sum from them by the usual standing order for her employment, after this employment had been terminated (i.e. due to their error, not hers); and failed to return it for a while because bank charges had reduced the balance to a point where she could not from that account; so she had to make other arrangements, which she has done and the sum has been repaid - making it hard for them to assert that she had intended permanently to deprive them of this money (an essential part of the definition of "theft").

AIUI.

I am not myself asserting any of those claims or commenting thereon, merely attempting to summarise public information on the topic.

Comment

In April 2007 we were obliged to terminate the contract of our admin assistant. This parting was acrimonious.
          Seems to be at variance with

We never charge anyone any money. No one gets paid, draws dividends or even runs an expense account.
          Something doesn't ring entirely true to me.

Comment

I've read a bit of that stuff and it's a real clash of the titans!

Comment

-an
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                I've read a bit of that stuff and it's a real clash of the titans!
                tits

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                  As I read it, they are being sued by their ex admin assistant, who wants an apology published for certain things they said about her. They refuse to apologise, believing that what they said is true. Therefore the lawsuit will proceed and will seek damages and costs.

It seems to have 2 parts:
                  1. they alleged that she had
                  a) hacked or otherwise modified chat room software to gain access, and
                  b) revealed the identity of a whistleblower therein.
                  2. they accused her of "stealing" 416.00.

Her reply was that:
                  a) as admin she already had access, therefore did nothing wrong to gain it, and
                  b) did not know the identity of the whistleblower and did (therefore) not reveal it.
                  2. she had received this sum from them by the usual standing order for her employment, after this employment had been terminated (i.e. due to their error, not hers); and failed to return it for a while because bank charges had reduced the balance to a point where she could not from that account; so she had to make other arrangements, which she has done and the sum has been repaid - making it hard for them to assert that she had intended permanently to deprive them of this money (an essential part of the definition of "theft").

AIUI.

I am not myself asserting any of those claims or commenting thereon, merely attempting to summarise public information on the topic.
                  Thanks

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  Seems to be at variance with

Something doesn't ring entirely true to me.
                  Yep, thats where I first got confused, after that.... I gave up!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

It is rather ironic.
                    The whole site is infested with people who claim to know all the legal ins and outs of every situation. They seem quite happy to tell all and sundry that they should sue.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X