• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have a cunning plan ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a cunning plan ....

..... to increase the value of world wide stocks, commodities and non-USD currencies.

At the moment US Treasuries are the only game on the planet. Everybody is selling their dead grannies and converting them to dollars to buy them as they are seen as the only safe place to hold money. Other assets are, possibly unjustly, seen as too risky relative to US Treasuries.

My plan is to even out the playing field so that other assets are not seen to be as much as a comparative risk and thereby have their value restored. I propose that the US Government default on some of its bonds. This would make them to be seen as being just as risky as everything else and so money would flow away from them and back into a broader range of assets increasing their value. Even some one like Uncle Ben talking about the possibility of default may have the same affect.

HAB saves the world.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed professor of cunning at Oxford university.
    B00med!

Comment

I heard Standard and Poor (credit rating agency) say that the FED wasn't guaranteed its AAA rating.

That said Standard and Poor have set quite a poor standard lately...
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Why is there only One Monopoly Commision ?

Do they want to have a monopoly on Monopoly commissions ?

I think we should be told.
        If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

Even some one like Uncle Ben talking about the possibility of default may have the same affect.

HAB saves the world.
          That's it - invest in rice

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
            That's it - invest in rice
            CME: Rough Rice futures down the pan too.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
            X