• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To those of you who keep sayying "the end client is the agencies client not yours"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To those of you who keep sayying "the end client is the agencies client not yours"

Is what i keep hearing on here.

Well im returning from europe to do same job from UK (said wouldn't renew here), foreign agency were insisting I bill them and so they keep charging like normal (20% cut).

Had a meeting today with the big boss (ie Hirer's bosses boss) who advises in the UK they have a preferred supplier so the agency will be told to take a running jump- if they excercise any contractual clauses they will be removed from any future work and any existing contractors here they have

dont know if that means ill be getting the extra 20%- fingers crossed

Undoomed!

Yes, I've been through that one.

Client insisted they had a PSL that the agency wasn't on, and they weren't going to use the agency any more.

Agency insisted on their handcuff clause and I had to buy my way out. Client said "well obviously we'd love to buy you out of the contract ourselves...but the problem is they aren't on our PSL, and neither are you, so we're not allowed to give you any money."

But it did pay off in the long run.

Comment

Happened when I contracted at Goldmine Sucks.

No-one crosses them.

Comment

Working...
      X