• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Human species 'may split in two'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Human species 'may split in two'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6057734.stm

Different human sub-species predicted by Dr Oliver Curry
    Humanity may split into an elite and an underclass, says Dr Curry
    Humanity may split into two sub-species in 100,000 years' time as predicted by HG Wells, an expert has said.

Evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry of the London School of Economics expects a genetic upper class and a dim-witted underclass to emerge.

The human race would peak in the year 3000, he said - before a decline due to dependence on technology.

People would become choosier about their sexual partners, causing humanity to divide into sub-species, he added.

The descendants of the genetic upper class would be tall, slim, healthy, attractive, intelligent, and creative and a far cry from the "underclass" humans who would have evolved into dim-witted, ugly, squat goblin-like creatures.
    Have you seen the chavs on the local council estate recently?
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    the "underclass" humans who would have evolved into dim-witted, ugly, squat goblin-like creatures.
    dim-witted : check
    ugly: check
    squat: mmmmmm
    goblin-like: check

I always knew I was ahead of my time.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      dim-witted : check
      ugly: check
      squat: mmmmmm
      goblin-like: check

I always knew I was ahead of my time.
      Just a genetic anomaly HAB

Comment

and a far cry from the "underclass" humans who would have evolved into dim-witted, ugly, squat goblin-like creatures.
        aka the Welsh.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          aka the Welsh.
          Oy!!!

I resemble that remark

Comment

Quote "Further into the future, sexual selection - being choosy about one's partner - was likely to create more and more genetic inequality, said Dr Curry"

So no beer in the year 3000 then??

Comment

I think it's already happened. We have a species living amongst us today that is so different to us genetically that we are probably more closely related to apes than them. They are shorter, fatter, less intelligent and appear to have different interests and have a lack of map reading ability and breasts

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                Have you seen the chavs on the local council estate recently?
                Attractive women will often choose the moronic knuckle dragging wife beater, for reasons that will baffle scientists for generations to come.

For this reason these two collections of people will unfortunately remain intermingled. And worse, the smart segment will continue to be diluted by the dim. We've reached the top, this is as much as the human race will achieve.

Idiocracy - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C1sE1E3z7jU

Comment

HG Wells' 'The Time Machine' was about this. In the far future the effete evolve into The Eloi, stupid and beautiful, and the workers evolve into the Morlocks who live under ground and eat the Eloi.
                  Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    aka the Welsh.
                    No no no...

The English rugby team
                    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Working...
                    X