• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JP MOrgan to announce 15% rate cut

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JP MOrgan to announce 15% rate cut

Just had a call from a close friend - looks like JP are going to announce a 15% rate cut from 1st November. You take it from that date or you get 4 weeks notice.......

Having been through the same scenario back in 2003 and taken the cut, my advice would be to walk.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

... or take it and start looking for another gig asap

Comment

Seems a few contractors think their agent will take more than a 15% reduction to soften the blow....

Comment

15% cut whatever rate you're on it's going to be sh**te once that's gone through.

That is hefty.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

If history is anything to go by, the 15% cut will be followed by another and another until you're either somewhere else or working for 1/2 your normal rate.

I'd bail now.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              ... or take it and start looking for another gig asap
              This is what I'd do. 85% of something is better than 100% of nothing. But I'd walk as soon as I found a better gig, and give no notice.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                If history is anything to go by, the 15% cut will be followed by another and another until you're either somewhere else or working for 1/2 your normal rate.

I'd bail now.
                And be on a 100% cut.
                Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I'd bail now.
                  Apparently during the last recession (2001-2003) JP only did a single cut - for 10%.

However, there were other banks who cut by more and kept cutting.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                    And be on a 100% cut.
                    No, be on a new contract at your old rate. If you can't find one, it's time to retrain/go permie or retire.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X