• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know you are getting old when...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you are getting old when...

... you start sentences with "In my day..."

a single bottle of wine turns into a HUGE hangover (i.e last saturday morning)..

.. although it was part of my experiment "how cheap a bottle of wine is actually drinkable without complaint?"

..i've subsequently found out the answer is above 1€ 50 for a litre
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      or, of course, the other Daily Mail variants;
      ‘young people today…’
      ‘bring back the birch…’
      ‘these people who…’
      ‘living off our taxes…’
      ‘national service would sort them out…’
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

When you make a sigh of relief as you sit down
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

you hand over a tenner at the bar to pay for 3 drinks and you're stunned when you find its not enough
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            "Of course, there were no mobile phones then".

"Of course, you didn't have the internet then".

Comment

Not only policemen look young - so do politicians....

Comment

toilets are more important than shops when out shopping

Comment

You forget the posts on CUK are just like the ones yesterday/last week/last month/last year
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                    toilets are more important than shops when out shopping
                    When travelling, I used to take every opportunity to get a drink; then it changed to something to eat; then to catch up on some sleep; now it's to go to the toilet.

Comment

Working...
                    X