• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

J2EE Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J2EE Market

Hi all,

I'm due to finish a long term (6+ years) J2EE contract end of November, can any of my fellow J2EE bods tell what it the current J2EE market at the moment? If you can just keep it to the J2EE market as I know the market varies a lot depending on each skillset. I would be really interested to see how it is in Scotland. I am not currently in the UK and have been out since 1998. I have over 9 years experience in J2EE. I would also be be interested in the permy market.

Cheers!

Six years eh?

Well in the last 6 years, a company called Microsoft released something called .NET, which is Sun's official replacement for J2EE.

The last J2EE project was abandoned 5 1/2 years ago.

HTH

Comment

It's JEE these days apparently.

HTH
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Dont listen to him Tiro. We are currently hiring 25 J2EE contractors and five permies across Scotland, and at good rates.

Send me your CV together with requirements plus proof of nationality. In order to facilitate the process please include the name of bank, acct number, sort code and mothers maiden name

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

JZEE, isn't he that rapper fellow who played Glastonbury?
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            JZEE, isn't he that rapper fellow who played Glastonbury?
            I see what you've done there.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              Dont listen to him Tiro. We are currently hiring 25 J2EE contractors and five permies across Scotland, and at good rates.

Send me your CV together with requirements plus proof of nationality. In order to facilitate the process please include the name of bank, acct number, sort code and mothers maiden name

I did the same joke a few weeks ago and nearly got what I had asked for.

Comment

Working...
              X