• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve pretty dead...Doomed??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobserve pretty dead...Doomed??

Been looking at jobserve for various skills over last week, and the volums is tiny.

eg today so far

c# = around 5 in Uk and a couple in belgium
    MS SQl = 3 developer and a couple of DBA

Is it a case of agencies calling direct and not advertising or major Bench spells for people??

It's a bit disconcerting and I'm praying that I don't have to go permie, again.

Comment

just checked, the most dreadful result I've ever seen.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by YHB View Post
        Is it a case of agencies calling direct and not advertising or major Bench spells for people??
        I've never looked at the adverts on jobserve, on the basis that if 100 agents see a client co wanting a certain skill, out of that 100 surely one of them has someone on their books who could do it. The only ones who have to resort to advertising are for problematic roles (too niche skillset, too low money, having to be in Hull etc)

I expect jobs are hens teeth, and supply is way below demand at the moment, so even the formerly unsaleable ones are being snatched up by word of mouth before it ever gets into an advert.

Use jobserve as a way to distribute your CV.
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
          I've never looked at the adverts on jobserve, on the basis that if 100 agents see a client co wanting a certain skill, out of that 100 surely one of them has someone on their books who could do it. The only ones who have to resort to advertising are for problematic roles (too niche skillset, too low money, having to be in Hull etc)

I expect jobs are hens teeth, and supply is way below demand at the moment, so even the formerly unsaleable ones are being snatched up by word of mouth before it ever gets into an advert.

Use jobserve as a way to distribute your CV.
          You've def taken your aniracetam today!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            just checked, the most dreadful result I've ever seen.
            WHS
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
              WHS
              been like that for a week or so now & perm jobs not much better in terms of decent salary.

Thankfully I declined an extension here (abroad) in Sept, and been offered a extension doing same role based in london so fingers crossed should be ok- contract taking its time!
              Last edited by YHB; 27 October 2008, 14:35.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                I've never looked at the adverts on jobserve, on the basis that if 100 agents see a client co wanting a certain skill, out of that 100 surely one of them has someone on their books who could do it.
                No one goes with 100 agents, 1 usually and bigger ones 2-4. Must at least be a 50-50 split between advertised and on databases so worrying.

If no ads then even the lead fishers are struggling/have no need.

Comment

Its the exception that proves the rule - Ive had more agents calling than normal - had to turn them down as Im more than happy at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
                    You've def taken your aniracetam today!
                    Worrying, isnt it?
                    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Working...
                    X