• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

skilling up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skilling up

If you had 1 day/week actual productive work to do at the moment and the remainder making yourself "look busy" at your desk - what would you start skilling up on between now and Christmas

Edit: and/or the inevitable contract termination?
    Last edited by moorfield; 27 October 2008, 16:57.

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    If you had 1 day/week actual productive work to do at the moment and the remainder making yourself "look busy" at your desk - what would you start skilling up on between now and Christmas?
    search jobserve for the highest paying skillset complimentary to yours and try to learn it.

Comment

If you had 1 day/week actual productive work to do at the moment and the remainder making yourself "look busy" at your desk - what would you start skilling up on between now and Christmas?
      Survival Techqniues and the art of war and killing.

Once the markets all collapse even more, we'll all be seeing mass riots and fights and rampage like never before. We need to erase our past to protect our future or it'll be in our own interest to destroy ourselves.

Comment

Russian.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

If you had 1 day/week actual productive work to do at the moment and the remainder making yourself "look busy" at your desk - what would you start skilling up on between now and Christmas and/or the inevitable contract termination?
          Black marketeering.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

counterfeiting
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

If you had 1 day/week actual productive work to do at the moment and the remainder making yourself "look busy" at your desk - what would you start skilling up on between now and Christmas

Edit: and/or the inevitable contract termination?

For a moment there I though you wrote skinning up

Yeah, do it!
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Dunno - if I knew I'd be doing it too. Only thing I'm honing at present is posting on here (and I'm not even doing that very well).

Comment

Survival skills.
                  Hand to hand combat.
                  How to shoot a gun.
                  How to skin a squirrel.

Comment

Take a year off backpacking around the world, pretending to be a student. By they time you get back the worst may have blown over.

Obviously on your CV when you get back, you say you've been working for some fictional company (they never check references if they even ask for them) doing exactly what you're doing now, so you've only a bit of minimal re-skilling to get back up to speed when you start looking for work again.

Worked for me in the past.

May be tempted to do it again soon if the market really is as bad as some are saying.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X