• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spooks: Another One Bites the Dust...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spooks: Another One Bites the Dust...

Oh well, they say it's like a comfortable warm feeling, going out like that...

They don't half get through some actors...

I still think the head frying was by far the most unpleasant though... it makes me twitch just thinking about it....

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I still think the head frying was by far the most unpleasant though... it makes me twitch just thinking about it....
    Oh, now I get what you meant by "another one bites the dust."... sorry Zeity - was still early.

Apparently the chap who plays the new spook was on the BBC yesterday saying Episode 7 of the new series is as, if not more, scary than the fryer scene!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Oh well, they say it's like a comfortable warm feeling, going out like that...

They don't half get through some actors...

Apparently applications for employment in MI5 tailed off quite dramatically for some time after that scene.

Anyone stick with Spooks Code 9 to the end? It was OK in places, but I thought one or two loose ends were never resolved, and the acting was a bit patchy. At times it seemed almost like one was expected to press an interactive button to choose what they should do next.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I'm gutted - Adam was super hot!!!

I will remember not to watch episode 7, the fryer thing still gives me nightmares
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I haven't seen a single episode, and so for that reason, I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Apparently applications for employment in MI5 tailed off quite dramatically for some time after that scene.

Anyone stick with Spooks Code 9 to the end? It was OK in places, but I thought one or two loose ends were never resolved, and the acting was a bit patchy. At times it seemed almost like one was expected to press an interactive button to choose what they should do next.
            I never got past the 10 min preview they had on the website.

Exciting as it is, the stories are getting stupid and far fetched.

Guido has some fun with it too.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              I never watched it after the second episode, it reminded me too much of those saturday morning shows where five kids and a dog foil the smugglers during their summer holidays.

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Yes he was and I'm gutted too ...but the new guy looks promising!
              It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                I see Guido's comments aren't subject to the same level of censorship as CUK...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  You and Sally Anne just seem to watch programs for the "eye candy".

On a similar note..It's funny how becoming a star makes someone sexy. Take Daniel Craig, he's got a face like Albert Steptoe and he's short. No-one ever mentioned his sexiness when in "Our friends in the North", but now he's on every woman's hot list.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    I haven't seen a single episode, and so for that reason, I'm out.
                    whs

Comment

Working...
                    X