• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benidorm as important as Stonehenge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benidorm as important as Stonehenge

Spain's largest holiday resort is as important as Stonehenge, the Acropolis and the Taj Mahal, the expert said.

"For many years everybody spoke badly of Benidorm, but with time it has gained value, as has happened in other examples of architectural world heritage."

Prof Duhamel told the 12th International Benidorm Tourism Forum that the resort's "unique collection of skyscrapers" were of particular cultural importance.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...tage-Site.html
    Cats are evil.

I wish I could say that I am shocked, surprised, disbelieving, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
      Prof Duhamel told the 12th International Benidorm Tourism Forum that the resort's "unique collection of skyscrapers" were of particular cultural importance.
      To who??

Comment

Lets stick Battersea in there as well then shall we?
        Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
          Lets stick Battersea in there as well then shall we?
          We could do - but as they are now charging £550 just to land there, they seem to have self-preservation thoroughly well sorted!

(Oh, you meant the power station!).

Comment

Let's move all the chavs there then. They'll appreciate all that 'culture' innit!!

Stab
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Del Boy's bar Bennidorm, what more culture is there than that?
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Can I take this opportunity to point out what a bunch of pretentious snobs you lot are.

Many thanks,
                Sal
                xxx
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                  Can I take this opportunity to point out what a bunch of pretentious snobs you lot are.

Many thanks,
                  Sal
                  xxx
                  Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

went to benidorm on a day trip (from our holiday in spain) a few years back to go to the waterworld park that was advertised. the kids love a water park and i do too. the place was absolutely heaving - people lying about everywhere: on the pavements, on the verges, on the trees and plants. it was so disgustingly dirty that i am gagging as i recall it. nasty. very nasty.

the whole skyscraping place was quite an eyeopener - utterly, utterly hideous. mind you, from a thousand yards in a hot car stuck in endless traffic the beach looked fantastic.

there is an amusement park up on the hill and i went there with my daughter on the penultimate day of our holiday for a treat. everyone else refused to go back to benidorm but she loves rollercoasters and so do i. that place was relatively empty, clean and fun - stayed there for the whole day and had a great time.

Comment

Working...
                    X