• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting London- accomadation help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting London- accomadation help!

1) What websites do you use to search for flats/flatshares
    2) Any tips regarding cheap b&bs etc
    3) Locations to avoid/unavoid
    4) any further out but cheap commutable areas would be welcomed (~30 mins)

Going to be working near to London bridge if terms of contract are agreed.

I can rent you a flat, but first I need to know you can pay the rent.

1. Transfer £2000 using Western Union to someone you know and trust
    2. Send me a photocopy of the receipt so I can see you have the money
    3. You can move into your luxury Islington penthouse next week.

Thanks Watchdog for the idea!
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

How dumb were these people?

"hello yes I have flat in London, show me the monneee first, the noise? no it's not livestock, it is the noise of traffic on the Kings road"
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by YHB View Post
        1) What websites do you use to search for flats/flatshares
        2) Any tips regarding cheap b&bs etc
        3) Locations to avoid/unavoid
        4) any further out but cheap commutable areas would be welcomed (~30 mins)

Going to be working near to London bridge if terms of contract are agreed.
        Look on Gumtree.

Dont bother saving a few quid a week to put up with a long commute. Its not worth it, flat shares are cheap enough anyway. If it were me, id find a flat share where I could walk to work. Well, actually, Id find a nice 1 bed flat where i could walk to work, but you see my point.
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

easyroommate.com
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

flat share/1 bed in/around london bridge for sure.

I live in Canada Water (fairly cheap for fairly central) and walk to work in London bridge at the moment. takes 30minutes.

All depends on your budget though!

Comment

untouchables place is still empty.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                untouchables place is still empty.
                But it smells funny
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                  I can rent you a flat, but first I need to know you can pay the rent.

1. Transfer £2000 using Western Union to someone you know and trust
                  2. Send me a photocopy of the receipt so I can see you have the money
                  3. You can move into your luxury Islington penthouse next week.

Thanks Watchdog for the idea!
                  It's a clever one because on the face of it you're keeping all the money... but after a bit of thought (i.e. one second later) I would question why they need proof of that in advance of me just seeing the place.

Comment

Working...
                  X