• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SallyAnne's Invidious Scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SallyAnne's Invidious Scheme

I noticed yesterday that SallyAnne (Whom God Preserve) has started appending some of her posts with three "x" characters, doubtless intended to act as kisses (and probably ironic in intent).

There was such a post on the Stonehenge thread, and prior to that on the Rissole Twonk thread.

However, it transpires that the presence of the three contiguous "x" characters is triggering the (clearly shoddy and useless) Internet-filtering software used by some people's ClientCorps, and possibly rendering said people liable to questioning by their clients concerning their attempts to access supposedly questionable content

Given that, whenever SallyAnne puts these three consecutive characters on her posts, it renders the relevant page of such a thread (and any subsequent page where her post is quoted) off-limits to these people, this clearly constitutes a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Attack.

So, as SallyAnne's name is usually abbreviated to SA, I would like to christen this activity: "The SADDoS Attack"

BTW, SA, you should probably stop doing it, as it will result in people having to explain to their clients why they were accessing a page with thricefold-"x" material on it... they might get away with it if it was naughty pictures, but they won't get away with admitting to reading General
    Last edited by NickFitz; 29 October 2008, 05:00. Reason: Oops, did it myself :-)

Comment

Agreed

xxxx
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Do besides xxx - we should not say nuclear either? or bomb? or terrorist? anything else I missed?

Comment

norks?

Comment

lucy?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Do besides xxx - we should not say nuclear either? or bomb? or terrorist? anything else I missed?
              Cocaine?

Actually, that would probably get fast-tracked if you work in the City.

Comment

Working...
              X