• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK's £12.7 billion NHS scheme in trouble

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK's £12.7 billion NHS scheme in trouble

Not really a surprise

Christine Connelly, the Department of Health's recently-appointed head of informatics (whatever that is), is now wondering if the project is worthwhile. She must also be wondering if the whole thing was just a covert way of the government giving cash to outsourcing companies just to sit on their hands and do nothing.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

In other news....Bears........woods.......Pope.......hat... ......

Really looking forward to seeing how much they can waste on ID cards

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
      Twofold irritation:
      1. it's our money.
      2. it's what the public think of "IT Contractors"

Comment

As someone who has come off this Programme very recently I can pretty much say this will not get canned. The contracts are tight and the penalties would be severe. Sadly, this programme is run by inept people at the top who have very little clue about IT and it pains me to have seen some of the stuff I have and the politics being played to fill pockets.

Bas-tards!

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
          As someone who has come off this Programme very recently I can pretty much say this will not get canned. The contracts are tight and the penalties would be severe. Sadly, this programme is run by inept people at the top who have very little clue about IT and it pains me to have seen some of the stuff I have and the politics being played to fill pockets.

Bas-tards!
          How many testers are there on this particular gravy train? Are they well paid?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post

Bas-tards!
            In fairness, almost all private organisations I've worked for/in/with have the same issues in some form - politics and egos take precedence over common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              In fairness, almost all private organisations I've worked for/in/with have the same issues in some form - politics and egos take precedence over common sense.
              True, especially in banks, as has become obvious in the last few months. Scum rises to the top and promotes it's favourite scum to the middle, who then fire the anti-scum techies who might threaten their inexorable rise to the top of the corporate scum pyramid by pointing out technical flaws, faulty plans or great big blindingly obvious bugs that will cost millions even before the system goes live.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

If I was to tell you some of the stuff that isn't in place and the total disregard for Governance on this Project youd be shocked. If I was to tell you that there is about as much FUNCTIONING HA/DR on the critical care setting solutions as there is in my pants - you wouldnt be surprised.

My parting note to a senior member on this programme was very clear and not the best on a one-2-one but I took this contract for moral reasons and sadly the players at the top took it for there £1500 a day rates.

Testing? Oh don't you dare get me started. Co-exsitence, Regression, you name it - they all would think it was something to do with the fall of Berlin Wall.

Just do a search for Royal Free Hospital and that should answer your questions on how incompetent people on this programme are.

I just wish I had a contact in CfH and join them - Id seriously kick the vendor asses I feel THAT strongly about it. Totaly disgust and one of the only contracts I have ever worked where Ive felt this strongly about it - guess because it is all OUR money that these bastards are wasting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  How many testers are there on this particular gravy train? Are they well paid?
                  tulip and offshore useless idiots. Dont get me started mate.

Comment

Welcome to large projects, Liability.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X