• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting Rates in the City

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting Rates in the City

I was wondering about moving from my low paid job to an exciting City bank or hedge fund, but I'm not sure that I could afford the rate cut.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I was wondering about moving from my low paid job to an exciting City bank or hedge fund, but I'm not sure that I could afford the rate cut.
    I work with a couple of late 30s long term contractors (10+ yrs) who have just come to Oz from London.

They are both planning on retiring in the next couple of years ... from the coin they've earned programming in the City.

You can't knock it. A lot of average bods have done very well out of it.

Comment

Give it 5 years and it will be business as usual.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Give it 5 years and it will be business as usual.....
        Id say less than that - theres a heck of alot of behind the scence stuff going on right in around skills import and towing the line etc. which is good I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
          theres a heck of alot of behind the scence stuff going on right in around skills import and towing the line etc.
          What the CUK does that mean?
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
            What the CUK does that mean?
            This implies you understood 'scence'. Please explain

Comment

Demand, rates and salaries have gone up for certain skills at the top level e.g. credit risk analysis
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                This implies you understood 'scence'. Please explain
                Heh.

Yeah - highlight that word too!

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Not all are suffering, im paid very well by my Hedge Fund client who is regarded universally by analysts/media to have managed itself very well and will benefit from the closures of others

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                    I work with a couple of late 30s long term contractors (10+ yrs) who have just come to Oz from London.

They are both planning on retiring in the next couple of years ... from the coin they've earned programming in the City.

You can't knock it. A lot of average bods have done very well out of it.
                    Sounds similar to me, except that I came to London from Greater London. Oh and I'm not late 30s, don't have 10+ years contracting experience and I haven't actually got retirement in view yet.

But I get your point.

Comment

Working...
                    X