• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed!

ClientCo has canned the project that would have resulted in another 12 months with them beyond February.

Having been at ClientCo for 18 months, I've been somewhat institutionalised and am dreading the thought of playing the game with pimps once February arrives.

Originally posted by chicane View Post
    ClientCo has canned the project that would have resulted in another 12 months with them beyond February.

Having been at ClientCo for 18 months, I've been somewhat institutionalised and am dreading the thought of playing the game with pimps once February arrives.
    My commiserations. Look at it as a positive thing and who knows you may get a better gig, more cash etc etc

Comment

Thanks for the commiserations

Funnily enough I was on the phone to a pimp this morning - he was pushing a 6 monther at 20% more than I'm currently on. He was going to email his details over to arrange a chat with guy at the client but hasn't done so yet.

Why is it that pimps follow you around like flies when you don't need them, and disappear when you do?

Comment

Sorry to hear this chicane, there certainly is a lot of it about at the minute. Fingers crossed that something better is indeed in the pipeline.
        Last edited by ferret; 29 October 2008, 15:59. Reason: splllling
        my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Why is it that pimps follow you around like flies when you don't need them, and disappear when you do?
          Coz the sh*t goes dry
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Know the feeling, i've been here 3 years plus and cant even remember what i do (or did) any more. Cant even recognise some of the acronyms from my 2006 CV. The heave-ho is looming though

Comment

Working...
            X