• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hays IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hays IT

Potentially starting a contract through them,though have'nt seen the actual paperwork yet.
    Is their contracts IR35 friendly and how is their T&C s...
    and what is their payment terms?

Originally posted by schindler View Post
    Is their contracts IR35 friendly and how is their T&C s...
    Ask Bauer & Cottrell.

and what is their payment terms?
    Ask Hays IT.

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I worked for them directly for a gig at UBS, their standard T&C's are not
      IR35 compliant, and they will not do anything to change them.

Comment

Done 2 with them, one was, one wasnt - the one that WAS I asked for changes or I wasn't going to sign and they knew that as I had other roles waiting. Alot will be down to how much they want you or rather how hard it will be to replace you.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
          Done 2 with them, one was, one wasnt - the one that WAS I asked for changes or I wasn't going to sign and they knew that as I had other roles waiting. Alot will be down to how much they want you or rather how hard it will be to replace you.
          Cheers Guys....wastheir payment terms the usual NET30 or even worse?

Comment

I'd rather sleep with Russel Brand. Qué?

Comment

Yes if memory serves me right, they werent the good ones.

Comment

Not sure about now but I was there in 2005/06 i was put on the weekly
                payroll as I could not get around IR35, submitted invoice/timesheet online
                on monday morning got paid on the friday .

Comment

It is highly unlikely, if an agency has a 'standard' contract, that it will be IR35 friendly. Anyway recent cases have highlighted the fact that HMR&C is far more interested in your working practises than what is written in your contract. They also seem to be putting far more emphasis on having an 'unfettered' right of substitution - what are the panels' experiences? Is it quite rare to find an agency that will accept a replacement for you without them or the client having the right to veto?
                  Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                    It is highly unlikely, if an agency has a 'standard' contract, that it will be IR35 friendly. Anyway recent cases have highlighted the fact that HMR&C is far more interested in your working practises than what is written in your contract. They also seem to be putting far more emphasis on having an 'unfettered' right of substitution - what are the panels' experiences? Is it quite rare to find an agency that will accept a replacement for you without them or the client having the right to veto?
                    Is this still an issue if you have more than one client?
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X