• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How's the market?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's the market?

What's it like out there in the UK.

I get the impression it aint too bad.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

My local market does a great pork and apple burger on a saturday morning. There's also a good French market twice a week with an excellent cheese selection.

HTH.

Comment

Lol at the response

Anyway - it's not too bad depending on your skillset but alot are holding out and have frozen spend probably till end of Jan / April - I certainly don't envisage the dot.com bust for the IT industry.....as before - just clients being more picky thinking that they can get better people

Comment

Certain areas to do with Risk and Credit analysis are booming as never before
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          ^^ certainly are - along with Governance - If you get on a skill refresh in these areas you can be well placed for some excellent work next year......

Comment

What's it like in Switzerland or Germany?

Do you really this is a good time to go back to the UK? I'd rather wait until things pick up so you'll be able to get a better rate/salary. Once you have accepted a low rate/salary is not so easy to raise once the upturn comes. I'd rather be happier with the unemployment benefits in CH.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              http://www.jobserve.com/W299C7741A6714CE7.jsjob

Comment

Market's suddenly (and very unexpectedly) become an oasis of opportunity for me... boomed!

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                  . I'd rather be happier with the unemployment benefits in CH.

Ah I see they've sussed you out in CH too. See I told you you can never escape yourself.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm seriously thinking of going contracting again.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X