• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cricket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cricket

I know that most of you are nerds rather than athletes and at best there are one or two armchair sportsmen here.To an extent I am with you. Sport is OK but I am not a huge fan.

Anyway I do enjoy cricket but I cannot get excited about this Cliff Stanford thing that is going on with the Indians. OK 20/20 is an entertaining add on to test cricket (county cricket is dull). To me it is a test series especially against Australa that I find richly entertaining (especially if it is even sided).

I have not watched any of the Standford stuff (I did enjoy Brian Moore's take on it though http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cri...y-Cricket.html ) but I did watch India batting against Australia last night and just watching Tendulkar score runs is cricket at its best especially if they are against Australia.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

I'm with you and Geoffrey Boycott on this one, 20/20 is just a sideshow, I'd rather watch a decent test match anyday.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      I'm with you and Geoffrey Boycott on this one, 20/20 is just a sideshow, I'd rather watch a decent test match anyday.
      With Geoffrey as a commentator
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Anyway I do enjoy cricket but I cannot get excited about this Cliff Stanford thing that is going on with the Indians.
        West Indians

I am not excited about this match at all.

But in general I really like 20/20 and would be a blast to play. I might rejoin my old CC back home and have a go if they have a 20/20 league.

The problem with playing cricket is that it just takes so long. Play a game of rugby, all over in 2 hours.. off to the pub. Cricket can be an all day endeavour and if you have a young family that gets difficult.
        Thats why I played rugby longer than Cricket and why unless my city has a 20/20 league, I will be playing rugby back in NZ and not cricket.... if there is 20/20 I will do both.

Comment

What happened about that cricket show Kerry Packer set up decades ago?...you never hear about it any more.....
          It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
            What happened about that cricket show Kerry Packer set up decades ago?...you never hear about it any more.....
            He's dead, try and keep up

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              He's dead, try and keep up
              I know HE's dead...but what about what he started?
              It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Struggling to muster the enthusiasm to watch the Stanford stuff although I quite enjoy 20/20. I agree that watching a good test match can't be beaten though.

I was in India 10 days ago for the first time and although I always knew they were passionate about cricket I never realised the extent of it. It was on the telly 24/7

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  To an extent I am with you. Sport is OK but I am not a huge fan.

Anyway I do enjoy cricket but I cannot get excited about this Cliff Stanford thing that is going on with the Indians..
                  Alan

Comment

"Oh look a pigeon has landed on the Pavillion roof you don't often see many that colour do you? Reminds me of the time... ooh hang on, somethings happening... oooh he's out, no hang on, back to the pigeon..."
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X